Learning Mentors Required
A school near to Central Birmingham are looking for a full time Learning Mentor to start in September 2021.
The role will be based at a Primary School working with children in Early Years, Key Stage 1 and Key Stage 2.
You must hold a relevant Learning Mentor qualification such as an Award in Mentoring, Award in Information and Advice for Supporting Learning Progression or equivalent.
The successful applicant will:
- Have experience of counselling Skills
- Be an active Listener with a non-judgemental approach
- Have the ability to understand pupils reactions
- Have excellent verbal communication skills
- Have a relevant Learning Mentor qualification
- Have experience in a Learning Mentor role
Your day to day duties will include (but are not limited too):
- Developing one to one mentoring relationships with pupils
- Liaising with parents and carers to give them advice about dealing with issues and concerns
- Develop action plans for students and monitoring their progress
- Keeping up to date records and preparing reports
- Working closely with teachers and other professionals, such as Social Workers, Psychologists and Education Welfare Officers
To apply please send your full CV to firstname.lastname@example.org
Please visit our website https://monarcheducation.co.uk/
Affinity Workforce Solutions and Monarch Education are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all its temporary workers to share this commitment. Successful applicants will, in accordance with statutory guidance, be subject to a comprehensive pre-employment checking process including references from current and previous employers, health, right to work in the UK, an enhanced DBS check and a further check against the appropriate barred list. This role involves working with children on a daily basis and is therefore in regulated activity.
Monarch Education is an equal opportunities employer and welcomes applications regardless of sex, age, race, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, marriage and civil partnership, religion and belief, pregnancy and maternity or disability.
This vacancy is based in the United Kingdom. Monarch Education operate in the UK and can only process applications from candidates who are currently UK residents and eligible to work in the UK. Whilst we will endeavour to contact you following your response, due to the high volume of applications we regret that this cannot always be possible. If you have not had notification from us within 30 days please take your application as not being successful this time but we will keep your details on file for future opportunities.
- Primary School