Year 6 Teacher
Monarch Education is working with a Coventry based Independent Primary school to find them a Year 6 Teacher for a contract that is approaching.
The Year 6 Teacher post is to cover a teacher who is due to go on Maternity leave at the end of this term until Christmas.
Job Role Fundamentals:
- Accompany classes carefully to ensure all students are learning in a safe, constructive environment
- Prepare materials for lessons and presentations for classes
- Assign, correct and grade homework assignments, classroom work and tests and quizzes
- Issue termly progress reports and report cards
- Participate in parent-teacher meetings and communication
- PGCE preferred
- 2+ years' primary school teaching experience preferred
- Experience with and mastery of National Curriculum Standards
- Ability to build rapport with primary school-age students
- Excellent communication and presentation skills
- Demonstrable record of helping students achieve high test scores
As with all schools at the moment, there are new procedures in place to reduce the risk of Covid 19. Year groups are allocated their own floor of the building and are not allowed to move outside this area except during their break & lunchtimes times which are staggered. Teaching staff move around the school between lessons, meaning lesson changes are quite a lot quieter than they were... Teachers are required to teach front the front and not patrol the classroom and some windows must be kept open to allow for ventilation.
Affinity Workforce Solutions and Monarch Education are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all its temporary workers to share this commitment. Successful applicants will, in accordance with statutory guidance, be subject to a comprehensive pre-employment checking process including references from current and previous employers, health, right to work in the UK, an enhanced DBS check and a further check against the appropriate barred list. This role involves working with children on a daily basis and is therefore in regulated activity.
Monarch Education is an equal opportunities employer and welcomes applications regardless of sex, age, race, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, marriage and civil partnership, religion and belief, pregnancy and maternity or disability.
This vacancy is based in the United Kingdom. Monarch Education operate in the UK and can only process applications from candidates who are currently UK residents and eligible to work in the UK. Whilst we will endeavour to contact you following your response, due to the high volume of applications we regret that this cannot always be possible. If you have not had notification from us within 30 days please take your application as not being successful this time but we will keep your details on file for future opportunities.
- Primary School