Behaviour Mentor / Behavioural Support Assistant
Behaviour Mentor / Behavioural Support Assistant, Primary School
- Supporting behaviour and inclusion of identified pupils
- 1:1 support and small group support with SEMH (Social Emotional Mental Health Needs)
A Primary School located in the Northfield area of Birmingham are looking to recruit a Behaviour Mentor to support pupils with challenging behaviours. They are looking to engage with someone who is experienced working with challenging behaviours and removing barriers to learning.
There has been an increase in the number of exclusions during the past Academic year, and due to this the SENCO is looking to increase behavioural support in the school to work alongside those who are at risk of inclusion. The ideal candidate will:
- Be experienced supporting children with challenging behaviours within schools
- Have a calm, nurturing approach with clear expectations
- Be confident building positive relationships with pupils from disadvantaged backgrounds to help them progress both socially and academically
- Have a qualification relating to childcare or education or Psychology
- Have experience working within and educational setting with children
- Can provide 2 references which can comment on your ability to work with children
- Team Teach qualification (not essential but would be an advantage)
You will be part of a team of staff who are passionate about raising pupil attainment and helping children to reach their potential combined with modern resources and facilities, which makes this a lovely school to be a part of. The position is to start ASAP - July 2021 with the potential to extend should additional support still be required in the new academic year.
If you are interested in this position please contact Anita on 0121 272 8675 or send you CV to firstname.lastname@example.org
Affinity Workforce Solutions and Monarch Education are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all its temporary workers to share this commitment. Successful applicants will, in accordance with statutory guidance, be subject to a comprehensive pre-employment checking process including references from current and previous employers, health, right to work in the UK, an enhanced DBS check and a further check against the appropriate barred list. This role involves working with children on a daily basis and is therefore in regulated activity.
Monarch Education is an equal opportunities employer and welcomes applications regardless of sex, age, race, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, marriage and civil partnership, religion and belief, pregnancy and maternity or disability.
This vacancy is based in the United Kingdom. Monarch Education operate in the UK and can only process applications from candidates who are currently UK residents and eligible to work in the UK. Whilst we will endeavour to contact you following your response, due to the high volume of applications we regret that this cannot always be possible. If you have not had notification from us within 30 days please take your application as not being successful this time but we will keep your details on file for future opportunities.
- Primary School