Learning Mentor needed for immediate start
Are you a passionate Learning Mentor seeking to make a difference?
Monarch Education are working on behalf of a Primary School in Birmingham (B10) to assist them in the recruitment of a Learning Mentor to start ASAP; if successful, this may lead to a permanent contract.
Key Responsibilities of a Learning Mentor
- Working with school staff to select students for mentoring
- Discussing the aims of mentoring with pupils
- Supporting pupils inside and outside of the classroom
- Aiding pupils with the transition to secondary education
- Helping pupils to increase their confidence and self-esteem by listening to them and devising appropriate strategies
To be considered for this Learning Mentor role, you must have:
- A minimum of 6 months experience working with children with SEND
- Experience in working with supporting students 1:1 and a small group basis
- A calm, patient, and compassionate personality
- Confident and excellent communication skills
- A good understanding of child protection and safeguarding guidelines
- Hold a current DBS that is registered with the update service
- Two suitable references covering the last 2 years
We are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and expect all staff to share this commitment. All staff must hold an enhanced DBS disclosure which must also be registered to the Update Service (or be prepared to allow Monarch Education to process one for you), need to provide professional or academic references* and attend a face to face interview (due to Covid-19 this will now be a video interview). A prohibition from teaching check will be completed for all applicants.
Salary and Benefits:
- REC Gold Standard Awarded Education Agency
- Generous refer a friend scheme
- Access to a dedicated consultant, who will provide ongoing support
- Salary is dependent on experience, training or qualifications
If you would like to find out more information, please contact Becci by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org
* Reference details will be requested prior to registration.
Affinity Workforce Solutions and Monarch Education are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all its temporary workers to share this commitment. Successful applicants will, in accordance with statutory guidance, be subject to a comprehensive pre-employment checking process including references from current and previous employers, health, right to work in the UK, an enhanced DBS check and a further check against the appropriate barred list. This role involves working with children on a daily basis and is therefore in regulated activity.
Monarch Education is an equal opportunities employer and welcomes applications regardless of sex, age, race, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, marriage and civil partnership, religion and belief, pregnancy and maternity or disability.
This vacancy is based in the United Kingdom. Monarch Education operate in the UK and can only process applications from candidates who are currently UK residents and eligible to work in the UK. Whilst we will endeavour to contact you following your response, due to the high volume of applications we regret that this cannot always be possible. If you have not had notification from us within 30 days please take your application as not being successful this time but we will keep your details on file for future opportunities.
- Primary School